Thursday, April 12, 2007

HEY!!!! I'm on YouTube!!!!!



Check me out!!!!!
Anyone remember two years ago, around this time actually, in the spring of 2005 when I was chosen to give a testimonial about my service experience with City Year Washington DC, the Americorps organization I dedicated two years of my life to? I was chosen, I suspect, because I'm Brown, Muslim, American and articulate. Great way to capitalize on the moment and give an embattled corps member (me) a chance to shine. And shine I did! (Although Mariko is totally correct in pointing out that I was hella nervous for the first 2 minutes and that I looked cute!:)So here is the 10 minute speech for all of you folks out there who haven't gotten a chance to see the 3 copies that previously existed in the world. According to Sian, my lovely former CYDC colleague, the speech has been posted to try and help generate interest in the option of national service. Now the whole world can watch me give my testimonial to the impact of idealism and by extent City Year on my life. Great. Hope you enjoy!

P.S. A real post will soon follow, I promise. I'd love to hear what you lovely people all over the world think of my speech.

P.P.S. I'll be in America in 2 days!!!

No comments: